Wednesday, February 15, 2012

V-Day

Yesterday was the first day I didn't wear black on Valentine's Day in a looong time. I didn't feel like mourning the void where my heart used to be or participating in any bitter acts of outrage at the Hallmark holiday.

Normally, I celebrate Valentine's Day with my friends, drinking beer and eating pizza. One year in particular, I remember hosting our annual "boy's generally suck," party when my housemate's boyfriend surprised her with a bouquet of roses. She wasn't expecting him to come at all. This display of emotion sent me spiraling into tears. Obviously, my emotions were/are out of control.

Yesterday, I shared my day with someone who makes me laugh.

It was perfect.

We went to eat sushi together at a local restaurant, followed by a trip to the movies to see The Vow.

The Vow was basically what I expected: predictable plotline, flat characters and the eventual resolution in the lover's favor. I just enjoyed spending time watching a romantic movie where I didn't feel the need to throw up at the end.

Sidenote: The Notebook is my favorite movie.

After the night was over, I drifted into a peaceful sleep...

until about 4AM, when we were rudely awakened by a pounding on the door.

A woman was frantically screaming that someone was trying to kill her and to call the police.

I called 911 while still in a daze. Apparently the neighbors had a drunken disagreement and someone tried killing someone else with a cooking knife...

and fire extinguisher.

Love living in East Nashville, but sometimes it can get a bit hectic.

No comments:

Post a Comment