Sunday, February 12, 2012

That same night...

After my parents and Jenny left the bar, Kerri, Paulette and I felt obliged to continue our night.

We made our way to Troubadour's, a karaoke bar.

There are any number of interesting people one can meet at a karaoke bar, but that night, one person stood out in particular.

He approached me with the confidence only someone from Texas would have.

He asked me if he could buy me a shot or something along those lines. That southern accent barely intelligible over the roar of off-key singing.

I immediately directed this kind man to my sister, Kerri. I'm really sweet.

"She's visiting, buy her a shot!" I offered graciously.

"No, I want to get you a drink, not your sister."

"I'm sorry, I can't even see you, you're wearing camo."

Thus started a night of banter that eventually ended with me giving my (real) number to the only guy who has ever been able to keep up with my New York attitude for more than 30 minutes.

Sprinkled throughout the night were bouts of karaoke, including a rendition of "Proud Mary" and an Elvis Presley song dedicated to the "Cornell girl in the corner."

Paulette and I sang our little hearts out with some well-timed dance moves to boot.

When we got off the stage we could tell Kerri was impressed.

"Did you two choreograph your movements?"

No comments:

Post a Comment